Quick Update

Adam pulled into New Orleans about 2:30 this morning.  He got tired when he had about 50 miles left to go so he pulled over and slept for a couple hours.  Since he got in so late he decided to just sleep in the truck again.  When I called him around 10:00 this morning he was already in Baton Rouge.  He made it to the trailer dealer about 5:30 or so & dropped off the truck so he could get his hitch installed.  Last I talked with him he checked into the hotel & was going to take a shower then go grab something to eat.  I reserved him a room with a king size bed so he could sprawl and stretch out tonight.  He sooooooo needs it.  His knee hurts from all of the driving he did (the one he had surgery on – it’s still not 100%).  He picks up the truck & trailer tomorrow morning then heads back to New Orleans.

I’m going to pack some stuff up tonight.  I didn’t get a chance to go to the laundromat yet.  I’ll have to bring my dirty stuff down with me and wash it down there.  I caught a cold so I really don’t feel like doing anything but I know I have to.  I may end up leaving a little later tomorrow then I originally wanted to.  I was hoping to get to Gladstone right around dark.  However, I forgot to pick up a tarp & bungee cords tonight so I’ll have to wait until I get off work to load the truck.  Phooey.  I need to find a big dose of motivation somewhere.

This entry was posted in Kit-Kat's Chit Chat. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Quick Update

1. Kit-Kat says:

I may decide to hold your cookies for ransom…. Margaritas and Popcorn in exchange for the cookies. hehe

2. Sharon says:

Hope Adam gets some badly needed rest before he starts working. You’re such a good wifey getting hubby a king size bed. Hope you start feelin’ better too… spending some time with family ‘n friends this weekend will give you something to look forward to!

3. Kurt says:

Since Adam is gone for a while we can be weepy together…

And don’t forget my cookies on the 10th!!!!

4. Melody says:

Your other-half sounds very busy and sounds as if he is driving such a long way! Hope the rest of his trip is a safe one and yay for you, for being such a good girl and booking a room with a HUGE bed. Next time I want to stay somewhere can I get you to book it for me? /chitchat/smilies/jasons_smilies/rainbow/laugh.gif
    I’m here via Michele today. Enjoy your weekend…</img>

5. Chris says:

Hi, here via Michele’s tonight. I hope he does okay down there. I bet you will be looking forward to TG!

6. Carmi says:

I’m glad to hear he got there OK. In our family, my wife sits on pins and needles until I call her to let her know I arrived safely. We understand how you feel.

I saw your link on Michele’s M&G and thought I’d drop in and say hello.

You have such a great site here, and I’m looking forward to reading more.