A friend of mine posted a link to this video this morning. I’ve never been a huge fan of Unchained Melody but I love this version. While I’ve never loved the song, it’s one that I appreciate because it’s been present in pretty much every phase of my life.
A short bulleted list of “Unchained Melody” memories.
- Mom singing. Just as awesome as I do now, cruising down the road in the truck, her crazy, wiry red hair blowing in the wind (sort of).
- Junior High dances. The awkward arms extended, stiff-legged, sway back & forth slow dance.
- Prom, Junior Year. Our theme song, dancing with my HS “friend” (I’m not sure even I would call that dancing).
- Marriage #2. ExH2 loves this song, he always demanded we danced while he sang horribly in my ear while I smiled and pretended to appreciate it while secretly dying inside and planning an escape route.
- Cruising with D. In the Fury, windows down on a warm summer evening, the reflection of us and the car bouncing back from Main Street business windows, him turning to look at me with a soft smile and eyes that sparkled brighter than the headlights of oncoming traffic.