October feels like a bit of a new beginning for me. Birthday thing aside, the end of September felt like I was closing one door and opening another. Why? Well, in bullet points so I don’t go into too much detail for the gossip hounds…
This is the first time
- living alone this long, ever. No humans. No pets. Just me. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it yet. I’m told I will.
- I have a good playlist building that reminds me of absolutely no one.
- all of my belongings have been in one place since I moved out of my house in 2001. And they’re all “mine”.
- my “broken pieces” are finally starting to heal. (Being forced to deal with those pieces the past couple months was unnerving but worth it in the end.)
- I don’t feel the urge to “flee” from my life or family.
- in as long as I can remember, I truly feel at peace.