And by thee, I mean me.
One of my “things” on my 101 in 1001 – The Remix (which I’m not doing very good at completing, by the way) is to make a list of 43 I like about myself. Blergh. This makes me uncomfortable. It was hard enough when I made the list of 101 Things That Make Me Happy. You would think for as much as I talk about myself that this wouldn’t be a big deal. But it is.
Let’s see how long this takes me to complete. I’m starting on Tuesday, February 4 at 3:55p.
- I love to laugh.
- My laugh… every variation of it, from the loud, whip my head back, obnoxiously loud laugh to “hehehe” giggle to the “ohmigawd I can’t stop giggling so I’ll just cover my mouth, hold my breath & try to be quiet” laugh.
- I refuse to act like a grown up.
- I love trying new things.
- My love for animals.
- My eyes.
- My beauty marks. The one on my left temple and the one my chest are my favs.
- My smile.
- Mah boobies! (I’m laughing. You should be, too. How could I not mention those? I mean, c’mon. I named a vehicle after them.)
- I don’t give up without a fight.
- I don’t have to surround myself with a lot of people. The few people I’m genuinely close to are all I need.
- I don’t believe in belonging to a clique or circle. People are too amazing to be categorized.
- I can accept I’m not good at a lot of things but it doesn’t keep me from enjoying them.
- My patience.
- My impatience.
- The fact that I recognize how ridiculously over-dramatic I am.
- The fact that I’m over-dramatic. It amuses me.
- I’m forgiving. Eventually.
- My awkward silence.
- I’m easily moved to tears.
- I’m a dreamer.
- I’m a realist.
- I name inanimate objects.
For example: ThePod (my car), TheHut (my house), TopHvy (my old Jeep), FabulousRedBag, George (my 1st iPod, my 2nd iPod, the plant I killed), Spidey (the other plant I killed), Monster (the stuffie on my bed), ExH1 & ExH2 (okay, they’re not inanimate but close enough)
- I can laugh at myself, no matter how ridiculous the situation.
- My willingness to make a fool out of myself to make someone else laugh.
- My curiosity.
- I’ll drop everything to be there for someone.
- I can openly & freely admit my faults.
- I like being the center of attention.
- I like to blend in.
- The fact that I realize 29 & 30 completely contradict each other.
- I’m willing to step outside of my comfort zone even if it scares the hell out of me.
Geez, this is hard. (2/5/14 @ 12:50a)
- I like to share my happy (really, I feel like I’ll burst if I don’t).
PS – Check out this site. So much fun. 24hoursofhappy.com
I have to stop & think about this more. (2/5/14 @ 3:36p)
- I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. (Okay, yes I do mind but I’m willing to.)
- I can take things apart and put them back together, usually without extra parts.
- I don’t hate.
- I’m pro-life but support pro-choice.
- I believe time is greater than money, not time is money.
- I’m a part-time adrenaline junkie. (See #32. It sometimes takes me time to build up courage.)
- I looooove to dance. (At a club. At home. Walking down the hall at work. Basically when the mood hits me. The wild, crazy “I’d never do this in public” dances are usually the best ones.)
- A single song can get stuck in my head out of nowhere and stay there for a week. Then I won’t think about it again for months.
- I cannot hide my emotions.
- For as much as I have a hard time listing things I like about myself, I’ve never not loved myself.
Whew. I’m glad that’s over. It only took me 2 days.